- The first step in beginning to use FidSafe® is to secure hard copies of all your important documents. You may already have them in a physical safe, or file cabinet. Engage your advisors (lawyers, financial advisor, accountant) to help you prepare, or update your documents.
- Ask your provider (e.g. bank) to provide important documents in electronic form, this makes it easier for you to use FidSafe.
- After uploading a file, you can update the description field with the expiry/renewal date of that document, that will serve as a reminder of when to renew that document.
- For documents that only come in hard copy such as passports and driver’s licenses, simply take a picture with your smartphone or digital camera, and upload to FidSafe®. The application accepts all image formats, so you can upload images of important documents as well!
- Remember to safe keep the original documents because in some cases copies will not suffice. You can write a note in your FidSafe with the physical location of the files you’ve uploaded.