New services include telemedicine, mindfulness and cost-transparency tools
BOSTON, September 13, 2017 – Fidelity Investments® today announced that Fidelity Health Marketplace® has introduced several new health and wellness benefits as part of its offering to small and midsize businesses and their employees. The Fidelity Health Marketplace, which offers one-stop access to top consumer health benefits and customized benefits recommendations, now includes voluntary benefits and an expanded set of wellness offerings.
“We know that health care is a complicated business. Our mission is to make the benefits process as simple as possible for both the employee and the employer,” said Chris Hock, head of Fidelity Health Marketplace. “By giving employees the tools, education and information on how to optimize their benefits, they will be more confident in navigating their health care and the road to total well-being. It also means reduced time, effort and expense for employees, as well as for employers, who say the cost of health insurance is their number one pain point1.”
As part of the member experience, employees receive ongoing education and support, and an approach that includes wellness benefits to help employees be healthier and make the best financial decisions related to health care. The Fidelity Health Marketplace wellness offering has tools to help employees find the right care, receive care through telemedicine solutions, get a second opinion and stay well through mindfulness and stress relief programs, including:
- Teladoc®: The HealthiestYou platform that combines high tech with an engaging interface to easily and conveniently provide patients of all ages with 24/7/365 access to high quality general medical, behavioral health and other specialty health visits.
- Grand Rounds®: A service that connects employees to high-quality health care by matching members with high-quality physicians for in-person care or an expert opinion and care plan.
- One Medical™: Modern primary care as an add-on benefit that provides same-day/next-day appointments at convenient locations, 24/7 virtual care and patient health advocacy, all in network.
- ConsejoSano: Culturally tailored medical advice and health navigation tools for Hispanic employees, available 24/7 via live voice and text messages from Spanish-speaking health navigators.
- Amino: Find care and estimate health care costs for hundreds of procedures. Amino’s ad-free, personalized recommendations come from its database of nearly every doctor in America, thousands of facilities and trillions of dollars in medical bills.
- FidSafe®: A safe, easy, no-cost way to store, access and share digital copies of your family’s most important documents.
In addition, employers can now offer employees several voluntary benefits, including critical illness and accident insurance from top national insurance carriers. These solutions are geared to help employees successfully manage the unpredictable by minimizing the impact of out-of-pocket expenses related to an injury or illness. These benefits are available through the Fidelity Health Marketplace platform.
Fidelity Health Marketplace operates in New York, Massachusetts, California, and Colorado and has expanded this year to Texas, Ohio, Maryland, Virginia, Connecticut and New Jersey. The marketplace offers a full suite of services beginning with traditional broker support to assist clients in determining the right plans to offer their employees and a decision support tool to help workers select benefits. It is also integrated with Fidelity NetBenefits®, giving employees a single access point to view and manage their health and financial benefits, including the Fidelity HSA® and Fidelity Payroll Solutions. The platform offers an integrated enrollment experience, preconfigured connections to a network of insurance carriers and a range of health and other ancillary benefits.
About Fidelity Health Marketplace
Fidelity Health Marketplace® helps small and mid-sized businesses save money, streamline benefits administration and engage employees. We combine personalized guidance to help employers lower their health care costs and keep their benefits strategy on track, with top-notch broker services and easy-to-use technology to streamline benefit administration. We offer employers the ability to choose from an extensive network of national and regional medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits, tax-savings options and access to wellness tools and programs and a decision tool to help employees select benefits, all backed by Fidelity’s customer service and year round support. Fidelity Health Marketplace is a Fidelity Investments company. For more information, please visit www.fidelityhealthmarketplace.com.
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity’s mission is to inspire better futures and deliver better outcomes for the customers and businesses we serve. With assets under administration of $6.3 trillion, including managed assets of $2.3 trillion as of July 31, 2017, we focus on meeting the unique needs of a diverse set of customers: helping more than 26 million people invest their own life savings, 23,000 businesses manage employee benefit programs, as well as providing more than 12,500 financial advisory firms with investment and technology solutions to invest their own clients’ money. Privately held for 70 years, Fidelity employs more than 40,000 associates who are focused on the long-term success of our customers. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit https://www.fidelity.com/about.
# # #
© 2017 FMR LLC. All rights reserved.
12016 National Federation of Independent Businesses Small Business Problems and Priorities survey